Upon arrival in Bibione the person in charge of the contract (with their personal ID document) must check-in for the event. They will pay for any outstanding participation, accommodation and service fees, collect the personal passes, the tank tops for the athletes and the vouchers for any additional purchases made (extras on request). At the check-in the team formations and the validity of the medical certificates will also be checked. Note: the check-in can also be made by a substitute of the person in charge of the contract provided that they have the sales contract that will act as a proxy.
Where there are check-in operations
The check-in will take place in Bibione in a dedicated area on the beach in front of the Villaggio Turistico Internazionale, accessible from Via delle Colonie, 4 – Bibione and from via Ariete. Check-in time is scheduled as follows:
- Thursday from 3.00 p.m. to 9.00 p.m
- Friday from 7.45 am to 9.00 p.m.
- Saturday from 7.45 a.m. to 12.00 p.m.
- Sunday from 7.45 a.m. to 10.00 a.m.*
*Check-in for the athletes of the 2×2 Mixed category arriving on Sunday.
Should you arrive in Bibione after 9.00 p.m. you can still get access to the affiliate accommodation assigned to you, using the booking voucher (sent in some days before the starting date of the event), and check in to the event the following day.
- Guests staying in an apartment will be able to collect an envelope containing the keys to the accommodation and a map to reach it from the reception of the Villaggio Turistico Internazionale (via delle Colonie, 2 – Bibione) from 10.30 p.m. to 1.00 a.m.
- Guests staying in residences, aparthotels and tourist villages that have a reception (this information will be available at registration) will be able to collect the keys from the reception of the assigned accommodation. Please remember to communicate the late arrival to the management of the accommodation.
- Guests staying in hotels are advised to choose 4-star accommodation that guarantees the presence of a night porter. In any case, please remember to inform the hotel of the late arrival.
- Guests staying in hostels must collect the keys before 10.00 p.m. on arrival day.
- Guests staying in campsites will be able to access the camping area with their vehicles by 11.00 p.m. After that time guests will not be able to access the area with their vehicle but will still be able to pitch their tent. For camper vans overnight stops are possible in a special designated area inside the campsite, with the possibility of moving to the assigned pitch the following morning. For camper vans overnight stops are possible in a special designated area inside the campsite, with the possibility of moving to the assigned pitch the following morning.
Upon arrival in Bibione, during the check-in, the person in charge of the contract will collect the personal passes that each participant will be required to wear on their wrist or ankle for the whole duration of the event.
The pass will allow “athletes” to:
- take part in the tournament if registered as ‘Athlete’;
- free access to the dedicated secondary playing courts;
- free entrance to the evening parties on the beach;
- free entrance to disco parties;
- discount on renting sunshade umbrellas and loungers;
- discount on the entrance ticket to the thermal water swimming pools (at Bibione Thermae);
- discounts in pizzerias and other affiliate restaurants/pubs/bars (see “BeachVolleyMarathonApp”).
In case of damage, the personal pass will be changed with a new one, free of charge, upon returning the old one. Note: teams playing a match with one or more athletes without the personal pass, released by the organizing office, will be immediately expelled from the tournament without any refund.
Close to the sports area (the beach in front of the Villaggio Turistico Internazionale) there are the following parking places:
- Parking in front of the Bibione Thermae Complex (10-minute walk)
- Parking in Piazzale Adriatico (15-minute walk)
- Parking in Piazza Mercato (15-minute walk)
- Parking in Piazzale Zenith (20-minute walk)
- in order to avoid traffic jams on check-in days, it is best to get to the assigned accommodation earlier and to walk to the event area;
- in order to avoid traffic jams on Sunday (check-out day) it is best to book the affiliate accommodation adding the ‘late check-out’ option. That way you will have access to the accommodation and its parking facilities until 5.00 p.m. on departure day.